I build custom accessible WordPress themes and child themes.
a11yready.com is a site I put together with step-by-step instructions for finding a WordPress “Accessibility Ready” theme and keeping it accessible.
Talking about Accessibility
- Inclusive Design and Overcoming Accessibility Barriers
Feldman and Mohler, University of Guelph Accessibility Conference, 2019
- Making websites accessible and complying with the AODA
Feldman, WordCamp Toronto, 2018. This talk is on WordPress TV
- Writing and Designing for Accessibility: How Writers and Designers Make a Site Accessible
Feldman and Harvie, University of Guelph Accessibility Conference, 2017 and 2018
- Accessibility Standards and Testing Techniques: Be Inclusive or Be Left Behind
Best, Feldman and Harvie, STAR Canada, 2016 and 2017
- Why Site Analysis and Remediation is a Feel Good Thing
Feldman and Best, University of Guelph Accessibility Conference, 2017
- Integrating Accessibility in the Web Design Process from the Get-Go
Best, Feldman and Harvie, University of Guelph Accessibility Conference, 2016
- What B2B Enterprises Have to Know About Accessible Web Design: Q & A with Sandy Feldman, B2B News Network, 2016
- Between Empathy and Penalty – Personal and Organizational Motivations for Practicing Inclusive Design
Feldman, Harvie and Taylor, University of Guelph Accessibility Conference, 2015
- AODA compliant sites – How to Tell Who Can Make One
Feldman, University of Guelph Accessibility Conference, 2013
- Accessibility: Don’t Design in the Dark
McKay, Courcelles and Feldman, Girl Geeks Toronto, 2012
I work with the Program Director of the Digital Accessibility Program and the Special Projects Archivist at Brandeis University on the digital archives.
Inclusive Media & Design
I am part of a team that evaluates sites and provides recommendations on meeting the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We look at source code, use assistive technology to access the site, and we run the site through a series of automated tests. I help teach developers about accessibility.
Clients include government ministries and agencies from federal on down, not‑for‑profits, Crown corporations including Municipal Property Assessment Corporation, in the corporate sector such as TorStar, Panasonic Canada, and some of Canada’s largest grocers and pharmacies.
Cantor Access Inc.
I worked with Alan Cantor to test the usability and accessibility of the BALANCE for Blind Adults and AccessAbility Advantage sites.